Sunday, November 29, 2009

Tryin' Hard


Tryin’ Hard  


I took a walk to the other side of the block
Been lookin’ for a way to keep my body outside the chalk
But I’m walkin’ and I’m walkin’ and I’m running and I’m running
And I never seem to get anything worth something
I figure I could get out of bed today,
But that’s such and easy thing to say
I’m hopin’ and I’m prayin’ that today’s the day when I get myself together again, some way


I took a drive to the other side of town
Every things the same its like I’m circling around and around
Stop and go driving never bothered me much
And a big car crash feels nothing like a punch
I’m running out of gas in a metaphoric sense
And my steering wheel is a little bit tense
I’m stuck in one direction but that doesn’t mean straight
And your destination isn’t always your fate,
So I’ve learned


I took a plane to the other side of the world
Tryin’ my best to find the perfect kind of girl
The one that will listen and will take my hand
Make me feel like a true-blooded man
Never wants to take a useless chance
And always tells me I can do, not I can’t
She’ll want to do more then sleep every night
And she’ll always know that I could make her feel right,
I can

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking For Something?