Friday, November 13, 2009

Street Of Change

Street Of Change

I took a walk down to Seventh Avenue
Passing stores I wouldn’t dare go in to
Traveling away just to come towards you

Passed a man holding out his hand
Sometimes hope is in high demand
And sometimes pride is in a coffee can

I have nothing to offer when I’m here
And when I’m there, I’m without a care
Life is just small print, buyer beware


I know it’s easy to get stuck in this place
But I’d advise you to just walk away.
You’ll see things that smile without a face.
Pay no mind, sometimes it happens that way.
Just keep moving, this life is like a chase.
If your lucky maybe you’ll get there someday.



I’m seeing row after row of eyes
Every other seems to be up in the skies
Can’t we just try and stay focused on the prize

Almost there, I’m just about at your feet
Your face is trying hard to be discreet
I can’t get over the things you expect from me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking For Something?