Tuesday, October 27, 2009

In A Shell (Back Seat Girl)


In A Shell (Back Seat Girl)

It’s written on the window
You promised not to erase         
Everything I meant to say        
Then I touched your face        

Cold air outside
Each breath, taking away
Fogging up the inside
Each kiss, the right way

We were in a shell
Protected from the world         
Sometimes lovers melt
You were my backseat girl  

Darkness all around
You brightened up the night  
Music was the only sound
Everything felt right    

It read ‘I love you’
But it felt like more
I promise to hold true
This love is not a chore

We were in a shell
Protected from the world  
Sometimes lovers melt
You were my backseat girl 

We’re not in a shell
Exposed to the world
And sometimes it feels like hell
But you’re still my backseat girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking For Something?