Thursday, December 17, 2009

Honesty XI


Honesty Part XI


Look around and I see… Well, I guess I see life. Staring right back at my living face. And it’s a pretty strange thing to tell you the truth. Cause this is all you will really ever see when you look around. Even death brings life. And of course vice versa. And all these people, I just tell myself I don’t like them. And all this time that goes by, I just pretend soon it will all end. And this supposedly helps with everything. Or just hides my vulnerability. But I just can't get over life's futility. It takes over me. Haunts me. Puzzles me and disturbs me. I guess for the fact that I will never see. But does it really matter? Probably not. And I've just been so obsessed with all these lyrics. People that I idolize and happen to agree with most of the time. What does that make me? Smart? Part of them? Or maybe just easily influenced. Listening to the words in every sense. With out looking for a catch. Cause most things said aren’t exactly what they seem. Or maybe it’s just perception. What am I saying? Bullshit from the brain. Thoughts powerful enough to drive me insane. And at this point I seriously don’t know what I'm saying. Even repeating myself. That’s how thought happens I suppose. And I see people look at me too. Either in disgust or they see me as food. To chew me up and spit me out. And I'm still just sitting here watching. And I can faintly hear words from Dylan I've never heard before. And it almost hurts. Why can't everyone stop right now and listen. I count three with headphones and I'm almost positive what’s coming out of them isn’t half as important as anything Dylan has to say. But then again, I'm obsessed with lyrics, remember? So what do I know? I should just think of my own things to say that no one will really listen to in a coffee shop away from the heat. The heat of a day like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking For Something?