Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mannequin

Mannequin

She lays in half on the dirt
Propped up for all the world
I can't even cover her up
And I wouldn't if I could
She stands headless and not to sure footed
She could have stayed where she was and she should have
She's surrounded by decay but shaded by life
She stays out all day, she stays out all night
She holds a neon sign in her hand
It says 'Open' but it may as well say 'I Can'
She never raises her voice above a whisper
And even then it's more than hard to hear her
She's fenced in, out in the open
Your only pushed back every time you move in
And she stands on a soap box so you can see
She ain't nothing like you or me
Some say she;s beauty, some say she's sin
But I just know her as my sweet young mannequin

Some say she's beauty, some say she's sin
But I just know her as my sweet young mannequin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking For Something?