Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Willing And Able



Willing And Able


She wants me to be someone I’m not.
And to that I’m willing and able.
Since the moment she left me alone
I’ve been more than unstable.
I only saw one bright star in the sky.
Now you couldn’t imagine a darker night.
Hoped that star might still be in her eye.
But I see now she must have no sight.
I’m creeping ever closer to a straight edge.
Don’t look up and just take the step.
With love there’s the danger of being on this ledge.
I was just hoping it would be something I kept.
Emptiness is the biggest understatement.
I wish to only feel that simple.
Darkness is my true discontent.
And the waking hours are ample.
She wants me to be something I’m not.
And I would do it in an instant.
If she’d given me a chance I’d have shown.
I wouldn’t feel as if less than an infant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking For Something?